Monday, October 27, 2014

We Finally Have An Itenerary!

It's not until Joe and I start mapping out the places we will go, that I actually start to believe in my heart of hearts that we will actually LEAVE on these crazy trips!  And last night, we started mapping it out.  So I think we may really go!  Here's our itinerary so far. 

Of course it's only halfway done and I'm certain that the entire thing will change 100% before we get back.  But still, here it is, yahoo!

So our planned departure date is January 3rd.  But in all honesty, even I know that won't happen.  I mean, we will probably still be recovering from our New Year's Eve hangovers on that date, and it's highly unlikely that we will get our shit together in time to leave by then.  So, our fall back (much more likely to happen) leave date is January 24th.  Yeah, I know that's 3 weeks later than January 3rd, and no I won't by that point still be hung over (at least not from my New Years Eve partying), but it gives us 3 weeks to settle from the holiday craziness, and a little extra time to get outa here.  So for this itinerary purpose, lets say we leave on January 24th...

1/24- LEAVE
1/25- We have no freaking idea!  It's winter, so it will probably be cold.  Thinking about bumming around TX, maybe even staying at Pecan Groves in DT Austin for a week?
2/1- ???  Texas?  Oklahoma?  Arkansas?
2/8- ???  Texas coast?  Just need somewhere not too freezing.  Ideas please!!!

Not looking like much of an itinerary so far is it?  Well it gets better!

2/15- Baton Rouge, Louisiana to visit Aunt Jil and hopefully find some other cool stuff to do around there.
2/22- Dauphin Island, Alabama to visit family friends and it's a really cool destination!
3/1- Sugar Sand Beach in Florida (not sure which one exactly)
3/8- Big Cypress National Preserve and Everglades National Park in Florida
3/15-Somewhere in Florida?
3/22- Disney Land!!!  Loralai would never let us leave the state without seeing this one!  Also, I have an Aunt I'd like to see while here.  And my sister might come this week!
3/29- Savannah, GA- I have a cousin here and it sounds like a pretty cool town and on the coast to boot!
4/5- Atlanta, GA- Joe has an aunt here and teenage cousins to BABYSIT THE KIDS!!!!  Yahoo!!!!
4/12- Myrtle Beach, SC- heard it's gorgeous, but mostly have to go here cause I watched "Shag" as a young girl and it made such an impression that this town made my bucket list!  I plan to learn how to "shag" here, throw water filled condoms at strangers car windows while driving, and experiment with heavy eyeliner.
4/19 It's Easter!  And all I've got for this week so far is we will be in North Carolina.  Fail!
4/26- Shenandoah National Park, VA and Blue Ridge Parkway

Hopefully the weather is warming up by now, cause we are getting pretty far north!  Us Texans are deathly scared of cold weather!

5/3- Washington DC and Gettysburg stuff
5/10- Milford, Ohio to visit my Aunt Yancy!
5/17- Niagara Falls
5/24- New York City to see Joe's family and also some train trips to Philadelphia, NJ for Joe's work.
5/31- New Haven, Connecticut to visit Joe's other sister.
6/7- ???  Figure we will spend a week seeing parts of all those little bitty states, you know; Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts?
6/14- Portland, Maine- Come on Nikki!!!!
6/21- Acadia National Park Maine
6/28- CANADA Bitches!!!  I know NOTHING about Canada, except what I learned from Barney making fun of Robin on "How I Met Your Mother".  So HELP!  Plan on being there for 4+ weeks if it's awesome.  I keep thinking, the north woods, like in "The Great Outdoors".

So that's all we got so far.  Tips, advice, experiences PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought of making it to Washington DC for Easter? April is when they have the Cherry Blossom Festival!

    ReplyDelete