Sunday, February 12, 2012

We have the Rig!

Last Thursday we went to Houston to pick up our new home!  After a minor hiccup with the hitch and few extra bills, we were able to drive her home!  We got the RV from PPL in Houston.  It's a consignment place that only sells used RV's and they have a TON of them!!!  Everyone there was so nice and friendly, even when I got a little crazy when told our hitch was not going to work.  They really work like a family there and helped us to come to the most cost effective option.  So they will be getting a lovely post card from us once we're on the road (grin).

Driving her home was an experience!  But Joe did great!  As a passenger, I couldn't even feel the difference driving with the RV attached.  You should have seen us trying to back her into my mom's tiny little parking place at night!  Joe and I both needed a few drinks after that!!!  But she's all tucked away and waiting for our practice camping trip next weekend! 

Now I'm faced with WHAT TO PACK?!?!?!  I've seriously googled "What to pack in an RV".  Joe has some good advice though, start with the kitchen, then to beds, then go from there.  Too bad I can't get passed thinking that I need to buy smaller salt and pepper shakers.  I know there's got to be more to it then that!

Thinking of filling up the RV has FINALLY led me to start packing up our house!  OVERWHELMED!!!!  There's more than you think, every time!  And it doesn't help when your 4 year old comes right behind you and unpacks every box to either play dress up with your old cloths or to sit in the boxes and play house.  My first trip to Goodwill is tomorrow.  I'm finally getting rid of the graduation gown and "the green dress".  Also purging the girls toys and saying goodbye to all VHS tapes!

Of course we are also trying to lease the house out, so we can't exactly have rooms torn apart and boxes laying all over the place when people come to look at the house.  So we are "neatly" packing.  :)  Ha!  Like there's such a thing!  But really, WE NEED TO LEASE THE HOUSE OUT, quick!  Just vamped up the internet marketing on it today.  Fingers crossed! 

It will all come together.....right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment